UNDER CONSTRUCTION & DEVELOPMENT
The Kanji and it's understanding:
A - Certificate Number
B - Certificate
C - Student's Name in Japanese
D - Goju-Ryu (The Style)
E - Karate-Do (The Discipline)
F - The Kyu Grade (Rank) Awarded
G - Person on Right is Licensed/Authorised to the rank of. (Losely translated)
H - Date of Promotion
I - The Yamaguchi way of Karate-Do Goju-Ryu (Losely translated)
J - Kaizen Gojukan (The Dojo's Common Name - Meaning: The building where the Hard/Soft way is practices with Continuous growth and improvement)
K - Director / Instructor Eugene Kitney
1 - Security Stamp
2 - Organization's Stamp
3 - Instructor's Stamp
The design of the various certificate borders as well as how to read / understand the Japanese on your diploma
Elements of Traditional Double Phoenix Border
There are three elements in this particular design;
1. Phoenix 『鳳凰』
2. Cloud 『雲龍』
3. Paulownia 『桐』
1. Phoenix 『鳳凰』 is a one of the mythological animals used in China by the emperor in the design of official documents. According to "Kanshi Gaiden", the Phoenix has Virtue above the head, Morality on the back, Benevolence in the heart, Faith in the Wing and Courtesy between the legs. The Phoenix doesn't pick at insects, never breaks living plants, never lives in the flocks. It never perches on any trees and never eats anything but the fruit/shoots of the Bamboo plant. It never drinks anything other than sacred water. When the Phoenix flies, all other birds follow. Its wings flush the golden lights and tail shines and reflects like that of a peacock's tail. The phoenix appeares only when the world needs peace. It is a symbol of charity and love. The Male『鳳』 is indicated on the left side and female 『凰』 on the right, facing each other on the top center of the border of certificate.
2. Cloud 『雲龍』Top center of the border, in between the male and female Phoenix. It is lucky cloud bring the rain. Cloud 『雲』 is set with the Dragon『龍』 which is one of the four mythological animals as usually. This is also where the Mon (Crest) or logo is to be found.
3. Paulownia 『桐』 Bottom half of the border is arranged using Paulownia leaves. The Paulownia Leavers 『桐』 and Chrysanthemum flowers are used as the crest in the emperial court in Japan. The Paulownia 『桐』 design is used with the Chrysanthemum in writing a written oath to the God.
Origin of the certificate: Many customs and cultures were imported from China to Japan. The certificate was said to be one of it. Official documents issued by Emperor had the border design of Poenix 『鳳凰』 in China. In Japan, the Paulownia design was used with chrysanthemum on the paper as an indication of the oath to the God at the events in the imperial court.
The origin of the border design is the culmination of both the Phoenix design from China and Paulownia design from Japan. It was only used in the imperial court had started to be used by government and municipal offices in modern time after Meiji period ( 23 October 1868 to 30 July 1912).
Gradually this customs were adapted by common people up to the present.
Four Chinese super animals - Correspondence
1. Blue Dragon - East- blue, wood, spring and minor yang 『青龍』
2. Phoenix - South - red, fire, summer and major yang 『鳳凰』
3. White Tiger - West - white, metal, autumn and minor yin 『白虎』
4. Gembu (Mixed with Tortoise & Snake) - North - black, water, winter and major yin 『玄武』
Four Chinese super animals are lucky animal which will be appeared only peace on
the earth without any war.